On Thursday 27th April, The Yogi Group will come into school to work with children in Years Reception to Year 6 to give them specific skills to help improve mental wellness, including anxiety-relieving techniques, breathing techniques, yoga poses and mindful movement.
The children will be in their year groups for half-hour sessions throughout the day.
They will need to change into their PE kit for the session.
They will cover the following:
Key Stage 1
- Guided meditation
- Breathing techniques
- Fun and inspiring yoga stories
- Resilience and mindfulness activities
- Positive affirmation circles
- Healthy habits
Key Stage 2
- Introduction to yoga and mindfulness and how to use this in school life
- Breathing techniques and guided meditation
- Positive affirmations
- Resilience activities
- Yoga poses ideal for stress relief
- Exam stress and techniques to deal with these emotions
- Healthy habits.
If you have any questions about these sessions, please arrange to come and speak to me.
With kind regards
Pupil Support Manager